In the Bible the Children of Israel were required to have a release of all debts every year known as the Shmitah. In the modern era even wall street has recognized strange trends occur in the stock market every 7 years ON THE JEWISH SMITAH! Here are some examples.
- 1901-1902 Year of Shemitah – Stock market drops almost 50%.
- 1916-1917 Year of Shemitah (*Super Shemitah Year) – Stock market drops 40%. United States enters WWI. Germany, Russia, Austria, Turkey and Great Britain suffer economic collapse.
- 1930-1931 Year of Shemitah – The Great Depression. The worst financial crisis in modern history.
- 1937-1938 Year of Shemitah – Half of the stock market collapses sparking a global recession.
- 1944-1945 Year of Shemitah – End of German Reich and Britain’s hold on territories. Establishment of America as the world’s superpower. Bretton Woods Conference giving the U.S. Dollar Global Reserve Currency status; and diminishing of gold’s influence.
- 1965-1966 Year of Shemitah (*Super Shemitah Year) – Stock market drops almost 25%
- 1972-1973 Year of Shemitah – Stock market crashes almost 50%. Global recession; US oil crisis.
- 1979-1980 Year of Shemitah – Global recession.
- 1986-1987 Year of Shemitah – “Black Tuesday”; stock market crashes by 1/3.
- 1993-1994 Year of Shemitah – Bond market crash.
- 2000-2001 Year of Shemitah – 9/11. Markets open on final day of Shemitah, September 17; stock market falls 700 points.
- 2007-2008 Year of Shemitah – On the last day of The Shemitah Tear, September 29, the stock market drops a record 777 points.
- 2014-2015 Year of Shemitah (*Super Shemitah Year) …
Taken from: The Shemitah
Sept 7th 2021 begins the next Shmitah year.